Doing a Cochrane review can seem like a daunting task. To guide you along the way we have developed a helpful roadmap.
- Cochrane Handbook (this is the Cochrane bible)
- MECIR (these are methodological expectations for conducting Cochrane reviews)
- RevMan (Review Manager (RevMan) is the software for producing Cochrane review)
- Archie (the central server where all reviews and protocols are stored).
- Overview of methods used in Cochrane Eyes and Vision reviews (pdf link).
It can take some time to get up to speed with what is required to do a Cochrane review. A really good place to start is with some training. Have a look at the Cochrane training website. Here you will find all the information you need on online training courses, workshops planned in your area, and links to other relevant material.
In addition to the Cochrane training website there are tutorials on Youtube that you may find helpful. For example, the RevMan tutorial series by the University of Nottingham gives short descriptions of key features in RevMan.