Preparing for Synthesis & Synthesis without Meta-analysis
December 5, 2023, from 5pm-7pm Mountain Standard Time
The webinar will guide participants through the necessary steps for preparing for synthesis, and the application of relevant techniques in situations where meta-analysis is not feasible or appropriate. Emphasis will be placed on providing illustrative examples and employing data visualization techniques.
Dr. McKenzie is a Professor in the Biostatistics Unit at the School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, and Co-convener of the Cochrane Statistical Methods Group.
We encourage that you register for the webinar as soon as possible using the application link. Registration for the webinar is completely free!
Contact: Genie Han
Workshop on How to Conduct a Systematic Review
The Cochrane Eyes and Vision U.S. (CEV@US) Project hosts virtual workshops on how to conduct a systematic review. The 2022 workshop sessions co-hosted with the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) are now uploaded (see left sidebar).
This intensive hybrid workshop hosted by Cochrane Eyes and Vision U.S. guides participants through the steps of developing a systematic review using the latest Cochrane methodology. The pre-recorded and live hands-on sessions provide plenty of opportunities to apply the methods and interact with the faculty. The workshops are led by a team with extensive expertise in conducting systematic reviews and leading the development of methods to improve systematic reviews. Cochrane Eyes and Vision review authors with registered titles, protocols, or reviews in The Cochrane Library are highly encouraged to use these workshops.
Thank you to our sponsor, the National Eye Institute (UG 1 EY020522)!
- Describe the essential steps of conducting a systematic review
- Developing an answerable question using the PICO framework
- Gain familiarity with the tool for assessing the risk of bias in randomized trials
- Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of primary studies
- Describe the process of analyzing, presenting, and interpreting the results of meta-analyses
- Enter and analyze data for a systematic review using Cochrane’s RevMan software
- Identify and resolve questions and challenges encountered during the completion of a systematic review