Click here to register today!
Starting on October 1, 2020 we will notify applicants of their acceptance on a rolling basis.
Deadline to apply: March 1, 2020
This intensive, 2-day workshop co-hosted by Cochrane Eyes and Vision U.S. Satellite and the Ohio State University College of Optometry will guide participants through steps of developing a systematic review using the latest Cochrane methodology. It will offer lectures and hands-on sessions, providing plenty of opportunities to apply the methods and interact with the faculty. The workshop will be led by a team who has extensive expertise in conducting systematic reviews and in leading the development of methods to improve systematic reviews. Cochrane Eyes and Vision review authors who have a registered title, protocol, or review in The Cochrane Library are highly encouraged to attend. Registration fees start at $90.
Thank you to our sponsor, the National Eye Institute (UG 1 EY020522)!
- Describe the essential steps of conducting a systematic review
- Developing an answerable question using the PICO framework
- Gain familiarity with the tool for assessing risk of bias in randomized trials
- Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of primary studies
- Describe the process of analyzing, presenting, and interpreting the results of meta-analyses
- Enter and analyze data for a systematic review using the Cochrane’s RevMan software
- Identify and resolve questions and challenges encountered during the completion of a systematic review