Workshop on How to Conduct a Systematic Review
The Cochrane Eyes and Vision US Satellite hosts virtual workshops on how to conduct a systematic review. The current workshop co-hosted with AAO is only open to AAO-CEV Certificate Program members. Please note the time zone for each listed workshop. The deadline for registration is 11:59PM Pacific Time on June 3, 2022.
Workshop co-hosted with American Academy of Optometry (AAO)
Session 2: Wednesday, June 8, 2022 2:00PM – 4:00PM Pacific Time
Session 1: Saturday, June 11, 2022 8:00AM – 10:00AM Pacific Time
Session 2: Saturday, June 11, 2022 10:00AM – 12:00PM Pacific Time
Registration is now open! Register HERE
Pre-recorded sessions and workshop sessions are now uploaded (see left sidebar).
This intensive hybrid workshop hosted by Cochrane Eyes and Vision U.S. will guide participants through steps of developing a systematic review using the latest Cochrane methodology. It will offer pre-recorded and live hands-on sessions, providing plenty of opportunities to apply the methods and interact with the faculty. The workshop will be led by a team who has extensive expertise in conducting systematic reviews and in leading the development of methods to improve systematic reviews. Cochrane Eyes and Vision review authors who have a registered title, protocol, or review in The Cochrane Library are highly encouraged to attend. Registration fees are $25.
Thank you to our sponsor, the National Eye Institute (UG 1 EY020522)!
- Describe the essential steps of conducting a systematic review
- Developing an answerable question using the PICO framework
- Gain familiarity with the tool for assessing risk of bias in randomized trials
- Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of primary studies
- Describe the process of analyzing, presenting, and interpreting the results of meta-analyses
- Enter and analyze data for a systematic review using the Cochrane’s RevMan software
- Identify and resolve questions and challenges encountered during the completion of a systematic review