This intensive, 2-day workshop co-hosted by Cochrane Eyes and Vision U.S. Satellite, Meta-Research Innovation Center at Stanford (METRICS), and Byers Eye Institute will guide participants through steps of developing a systematic review using the latest Cochrane methodology. It will offer lectures and hands-on sessions, providing plenty of opportunities to apply the methods and interact with the faculty. The workshop will be led by a team who has extensive expertise in conducting systematic reviews and in leading the development of methods to improve systematic reviews. Cochrane Eyes and Vision review authors who have a registered title, protocol, or review in The Cochrane Library are highly encouraged to attend. Thank you to our sponsors, the National Eye Institute (UG 1 EY020522) and the Stanford Division of Epidemiology!
Click here to apply today! Please view the workshop agenda here: "Developing a Cochrane Systematic Review Workshop Agenda"
- Describe the essential steps of conducting a systematic review
- Develop an answerable question using the PICO framework
- Gain familiarity with the tool for assessing risk of bias in randomized trials
- Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of primary studies
- Describe the process of analyzing, presenting, and interpreting the results of meta-analyses
- Enter and analyze data for a systematic review using the Cochrane's RevMan software
- Identify and resolve questions and challenges encountered during the completion of a systematic review
Who should attend:
- Cochrane Eyes and Vision review authors who have a registered title, protocol, or review in The Cochrane Library;
- Ophthalmologists, optometrists, and vision researchers interested in registering a title with the Cochrane Eyes and Vision Group; and
- Any individual interested in systematic review production, particularly in regard to Cochrane systematic review.
Workshop registration fees*:
- $90 - For students/trainees (applicants should provide a proof of their status, e.g., a student ID, a letter from their supervisor or school)
- $250 - For academic/practicing clinicians, researchers, and methodologists
- $450 - For industry-sponsored participants
Workshop fees will be refunded upon acceptance of a Cochrane systematic review for publication within 18 months of workshop attendance. If you have a strong interest in attending the workshop but are unable to pay the registration fee, please email Genie Han at email@example.com.
*Note: Workshop registration fees must be paid no later than 7 calendar days after we notify you of acceptance to the workshop. We reserve the right to cancel your acceptance if fees are not submitted by the deadline.
Cancellation fees: Cancellation fees are based on the number of calendar days before the start of the workshop and are assessed as follows:
- 8 days or more: 50% of registration fee (50% refunded)
- 7 days or less: 100% of registration fee (0% refunded)
Workshop participants are responsible for their own lodging. We are offering conference rates at the Creekside Inn (3400 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA), which is a 15-minute car ride from the workshop venue. More information will be provided upon acceptance to the workshop.
If you have any questions about this workshop, please call the Cochrane Eyes and Vision U.S. Satellite at +1-410-502-4631, or email Genie Han at firstname.lastname@example.org.