Workshop on How to Conduct a Systematic Review
We are hosting three upcoming virtual workshops on how to conduct a systematic review. Please note the time zone for each workshop.
Workshop co-hosted with Montefiore Medical Center (AGENDA)
DAY 1: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 6:00PM-8:00PM Eastern Time
DAY 2: Thursday, September 30, 2021 6:00PM-8:00PM Eastern Time
Workshop co-hosted with University of Arizona (AGENDA)
DAY 1: Friday, October 29, 2021 9:00AM-11:00AM Mountain Standard Time (12:00PM-2:00PM Eastern Time)
DAY 2: Friday, November 5, 2021 9:00AM-11:00AM Mountain Standard Time (12:00PM-2:00PM Eastern Time)
Workshop co-hosted with University of California, Los Angeles (Agenda forthcoming)
DAY 1: Thursday, January 27, 2022 6:00PM-8:00PM Pacific Standard Time
DAY 2: Thursday, February 3, 2022 6:00PM-8:00PM Pacific Standard Time
Registration is now open! Register HERE
Pre-recorded sessions and workshop sessions are now uploaded (see left sidebar).
This intensive, 2-day hybrid workshop hosted by Cochrane Eyes and Vision U.S. will guide participants through steps of developing a systematic review using the latest Cochrane methodology. It will offer pre-recorded and live hands-on sessions, providing plenty of opportunities to apply the methods and interact with the faculty. The workshop will be led by a team who has extensive expertise in conducting systematic reviews and in leading the development of methods to improve systematic reviews. Cochrane Eyes and Vision review authors who have a registered title, protocol, or review in The Cochrane Library are highly encouraged to attend. Registration fees are $50.
Thank you to our sponsor, the National Eye Institute (UG 1 EY020522)!
- Describe the essential steps of conducting a systematic review
- Developing an answerable question using the PICO framework
- Gain familiarity with the tool for assessing risk of bias in randomized trials
- Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of primary studies
- Describe the process of analyzing, presenting, and interpreting the results of meta-analyses
- Enter and analyze data for a systematic review using the Cochrane’s RevMan software
- Identify and resolve questions and challenges encountered during the completion of a systematic review