Application for Cochrane review authors, ophthalmologists, optometrists, and vision researchers (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
This workshop guides Cochrane review authors through the steps of developing a systematic review. The workshop includes presentations about Cochrane methodology and hands-on practice using the Cochrane Collaboration’s Review Manager (RevMan) software.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to –
- Describe the steps required to critically appraise original research studies
- Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of original studies
- Describe the process of analyzing, presenting, and interpreting the results of meta-analyses
- Enter and analyze data for a systematic review using the Cochrane Collaboration’s RevMan software
- Identify and resolve questions and challenges encountered during the completion of a Cochrane systematic review
Who should attend:
- Cochrane review authors who have a registered title, have published a protocol in The Cochrane Library or who have a protocol approved for publication by a Cochrane Review Group. It is also open to ophthalmologists, optometrists, and vision researchers interested in registering a title with the Cochrane Eyes and Vision Group.
Please note the following: Please click on the link at the top of the page to apply for the workshop. The application may be completed and submitted online. Completing an application does not guarantee acceptance. Applicants will be notified of acceptance to the workshop no later than three weeks before the start of the workshop.
Applicants are required to submit the title of their Cochrane review (and Cochrane Review Group affiliation) at the time of application. We will confirm registration of the title with the appropriate review group prior to workshop acceptance.
Agenda- Coming soon
Monday, 15 June 2015: 1:30PM - 5:00PM
Tuesday, 16 June 2015: 1:30PM - 5:00PM
Wednesday, 17 June 2015: 1:30PM - 5:00PM
Thursday, 18 June 2015: 1:30PM - 5:00PM
Friday, 19 June 2015: 1:30PM - 5:00PM
Kay Dickersin, PhD, MA
Marie Diener West, PhD
Xuan Hui, MD, ScM
Tianjing Li, MD, MHS, PhD
Kristina Lindsley, MS
Lori Rosman, MLS
Ian Saldanha, MBBS, MSPH
Xue Wang, MD, MSPH
Tsung Yu, ScM
Workshop Registration Fees:
$50 - "Finishing School" (Cochrane Eyes and Vision Group review authors only - use time to work on/complete a review in-progress)
$150 - Registered Cochrane title or protocol,ophthalmologists, optometrists, and vision researchers
Workshop registration fees must be paid no later than 7 calendar days after we notify you of acceptance to the workshop. We reserve the right to cancel your acceptance if fees are not submitted by the deadline.
Cancellation Fees: Cancellation fees are based on the number of calendar days before the start of the workshop and are assessed as follows:
14 to 8 days: 50% of registration fee (50% refunded)
7 days or less: 100% of registration fee (0% refunded)
Workshop fees will be refunded upon acceptance of a Cochrane Systematic Review for publication within 18 months of workshop attendance.
If you have any questions about this workshop please call the Cochrane Eyes and Vision Group US Project at +1-410-502-4631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.